Bringing more traffic to your website helps you increase sales
If you run an affiliate marketing website, then you must already know how important traffic is, to generate sales from your website and earn commissions. Simply put, more traffic means there is a higher possibility of people converting into customers. Targeted traffic is even better, since the odds of generating sales grow.
Therefore, you need the right people to view your website and what it has to offer. But how can you achieve that? Well it’s even simpler than you think.
Ways to lead targeted traffic to your affiliate marketing website
- Offer informative and useful content. If you offer content that interests and can help your target audience, you drive engagement higher. Google algorithms will notice that and reward you by improving your ranking in search results. In addition to traffic, this will establish you and your website as an expert source on those topics, so you foster trust with your target audience.
- Write articles for other websites. If you can publish content on other websites with links back to your affiliate marketing website, you’re taking a great leap forward. With more backlinks your ranking will also improve, and so will your prominence in Google search results. Since this is usually targeted traffic, it has a higher chance of converting into sales.
- Promote your content on social media. Once you publish articles, make sure to post them on social media and track how people react to them. Based on the feedback, improve the content further in the future. Social media websites can be quite helpful especially when your content goes viral. Social media can help you reach a wide variety of target audiences, from fitness to financial trading, so don’t forget to include tracking links in the articles to ensure that any resulting conversions are attributed to you.
Having a marketing plan makes things easier
- Use Google Analytics to better understand what kind of traffic you are currently generating. Google Analytics can provide many details, such as the sources of traffic coming to your website, the pages most visited on your website, how long they stay, and much more. It is important to analyze and understand those analytics, and then use the results to improve your marketing effort.
- Offer your audience the option not to be tracked. This is mandatory in regions like the EU, but in general being transparent fosters trust between you and your audience and ensures they browse your website for longer. While adding the cookie notice might reduce traffic (not necessarily actual traffic, but tracked traffic), it is usually a good practice. Without it, your website might lose authority in the EU and in some cases you might even be fined.
- Join a famous podcast as a guest speaker. This can also grant you publicity, as the audience of these podcasts might visit your website if they find what you talk about interesting.
There are many ways to increase traffic coming into your affiliate marketing website. Before you jump ahead and pay for ads, make sure you try the above methods, which are free of charge for the most part. Good marketing does not have to be expensive.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Marketing category